Visa Process

Fordham can assist admitted students in applying for an F-1 student visa at a United States Embassy or Consulate outside of the United States of America.

To apply for an F-1 student visa, you must have:

  • an acceptance letter from Fordham University
  • a Fordham I-20 document

To obtain a I-20 document, you must provide:

We strongly encourage you to submit your completed Application for Certificate of Eligibility (AFCOE), supporting bank statement and passport copy with your application materials. Please send by email to when available.

International Students Currently in the United States

Students in the United States currently in F-1 visa status also need to submit a transfer form completed by your current designated school official (DSO) in order to transfer your SEVIS record to Fordham University.

Students in the United States in a different (non-student) visa status, may be able to maintain their current status while pursuing full-time study at Fordham or may be able to obtain an F-1 student visa. Contact undergraduate International Admission at Fordham at with specific questions.