Career Center Info for Employers
NYC Pay Transparency Law
Effective November 1, 2022, employers advertising jobs in New York City must include a good faith salary range for every job, promotion, and transfer opportunity advertised. Disclosure of salary includes the base annual or hourly wage or rate of pay, regardless of the frequency of payment. By posting on Fordham's job portal, Handshake, you are agreeing to comply with this law. Employers should follow the new law when advertising for positions that can or will be performed, in whole or in part, in New York City, whether from an office, in the field, or remotely from the employee’s home. Employer postings in NYC will be declined by the Fordham Career Center if salary is not listed.
For more information, visit here: https://www1.nyc.gov/
assets/cchr/downloads/pdf/ publications/Salary- Transparency-Factsheet.pdf
COVID-19: Employer Information
The foundation of Fordham’s education is based on cura personalis - the “care of the whole person;” we take our community’s well-being and safety very seriously. At this time, we are continuously monitoring COVID-19 closely and are planning for various scenarios; fall 2020 events are currently scheduled as planned and we will notify employer partners if contingency plans (including virtual options) are necessary.
Starting July 1st, registration will be open for our career fairs; if you are looking to engage with our students this fall, we encourage you to register to secure your spot and stay informed. As a reminder, we are working virtually this summer and offering additional programming and events to ensure students and employer stay connected. Thank you for your continuous support and please let us know if we can assist you!
The Office of the Career Center, located at both the Rose Hill and Lincoln Center campuses, has a dedicated and unified mission. We aim to work collaboratively to connect our students with employers and ensure that each of our employers is best represented at each campus accordingly. The distinction of each campus culture and environment presents a unique appeal to your various recruiting needs.
Handshake is our online portal through which employers can:
- Post a job or internship opportunity
- Register for a Career Fair
- Request a Career Discovery or tabling event
- Request an On-Campus Recruiting schedule
- Learn about upcoming events
- Access to student profiles
How to Create a User Account, Join a Company, and Connect with Schools
- Visit https://fordham.joinhandshake.com/register
- Select the Employer account type from the options presented
- Fill out the information requested then click Sign Up
- *If you are not a third party recruiter, select No. Then, click Next: Confirm Email. The email should arrive within 10 minutes and will contain a link enabling you to confirm your account. You must click this link before you can proceed with the registration process.
- If your company already exists in our system, you can click Request to connect with your company if this is not the right company, or if no company pre-populates, you can use the search bar to find your company. If your company does not exist, you can create a new company
- Then select Next: Connect to Schools.
- Next, you will choose to connect to Fordham by clicking the + button to the right of the school. Then click Next: Finish.
Fordham University’s Office of the Career Center does not permit “Third Party Recruiters” refers to; Employment Agencies/Search Firms/Staffing Services/Temp Agencies/Online Job Board Services/Contract/Recruiters, etc. access to recruit or post opportunities on Handshake.
All jobs posted on Handshake are manually approved by Career Center staff. Postings will take 24 -48 hours to be approved, and must adhere to the following criteria in order to meet approval:
- All registrations must be linked to a contact with a company-sponsored email address. No generic email addresses (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.) will be accepted.
- All registrations must be linked to a working website. No registrations will be approved if the website is under construction, or if the website is a “Page” of a LinkedIn or Facebook group.
- Companies interested in recruiting Fordham students must follow the spirit of Fordham’s Jesuit mission. Companies attempting to recruit students for positions in contradiction with the Catholic tradition will be banned.
- No organizations that have any association with a residential address or PO Box will be approved. No postings for positions within a person’s home will be allowed. In-house babysitting, tutoring, housekeeping, or other work will not be approved.
- No postings which require students to pay any sort of fee will be approved.
- Internship compensation must meet the U.S. Department of Labor standards, including state and local. Wage Requirements for Interns. Internships for academic credit are determined on a case-by-case basis between the student and their academic dean. The Career Center does not coordinate this process.