IRB Forms & Mentor Instructions
IRB Forms are available on the Mentor system.
Log-in to Mentor from your my.fordham.edu account by clicking the Institutional Review Board button located on the My Apps tab.
- Please download, open, and complete the appropriate application along with any informed consent letters, assent statements, etc. which are specific to your project. (If you are unsure which type of application to fill out, use the Diagnostic Protocol Survey to determine the category of your research. This survey can be found on the first information page on Mentor).
- Once the appropriate documents for your application have been completed, you can submit the protocol through the Mentor System. To submit a new protocol, click on the “My Protocols” tab, and the “Create a New Protocol” button. (For detailed instructions, see “How to Submit a New Protocol” document located on the Info Page of Mentor IRB).
- Please save each attachment separately and clearly label each one as each document should be uploaded into Mentor individually under the applicable category (i.e. consent forms, data collection forms, recruitment materials, etc.) You will find the categories to choose from when uploading your protocol documents.
- Remember to include copies of CITI completion certificates for all those research personnel NOT affiliated with Fordham included in the application.
- Make sure you click “Submit Application” button once your protocol is complete. If you do not click this button, your application will not be submitted for IRB approval and will not be reviewed.
- Your Faculty Advisor must approve your protocol before it can be reviewed by the IRB. Instructions for Faculty Advisor approval can be found on the Info Page under “Faculty Members who are Supervising Student Protocols Instructions”
***If you are posting research flyers, the IRB policy on posting research flyers on the university campuses is as follows:
Please bring IRB stamped flyers to the appropriate Office of Student Involvement for approval to post:
Lincoln Center campus | 140 West 62nd Street G33
Rose Hill campus | McGinley 204
Westchester campus | G. Grastorf | Room 147
Please bring your Notification letter (approval letter) with you when you bring your flyers for approval by Office of Student Involvement.
For additional information, please visit the FAQ section of the IRB website!